Around 80 per cent of the population will suffer from back pain at some time in their life, and that is regardless of age or gender!
Back pain is commonly triggered by:
- long periods of sitting or standing
- heavy lifting
- irregularity, irritable bowel and endometriosis
- menstrual pain
- inadequate flexibility
- weak muscles
- dysfunction in the thorax, lower limbs and pelvis.
There are numerous more severe reasons for lower pain in the back such as disc injury, fracture, tumor and infection. Our Osteopaths, as primary health care practitioners, are trained to differentiate between uncomplicated back pain and back pain needing referral to specialist care.
Our practitioners at Gippsland Osteopathy will certainly assist you to develop the most reliable strategy to manage your pain in the back.
Our Osteopaths will help to:
- enhance joint mobility
- lower muscular stress, swelling and nerve irritation
- improve blood supply and drainage to and from the spine and hips
- reduce the period of lower back pain episodes
- help prevent future episodes
- offer recommendations on posture, exercises and stretching
- supply suggestions on enhancing your ergonomic environment
- offer guidance on diet plan, hydration and exercise
- communicate and prepare treatment with your GP and insurance company
- refer you for radiological assessment when required.